Candy - Jan-Feb 2007





Candy Magazine

January-February 2007

Summit Media


Nacho Libre

Candy Rap, p.18

Get ready for this hilarious flick starring Jack Black as Ignacio, a Mexican priest who dreams to become a wrestler in a local Lucha Libre tournament. Donning a bizarre mask and cape, he nobly fights as the Luchador Nacho to win money for the orphans’ food. This crazy comedy is a feel good movie that will make you forget your problems and have you rolling in the aisle!







***


7 DARES FOR THE YEAR ’07!

Spruce up your New Year by rounding your whole gang to participate in these awesome activities!
Candy Rap, p.20


1. All your life you’ve only been playing ball games in PE class, so why not try a new physical activity? Gather the gang before the sun rises and join a rowing team! Or sign up for free yoga sessions in your school and achieve peace of mind.



2. Sporting the same look since grade school? It’s time to re-invent yourself by getting a new haircut and discovering a new fashion statement Make sure your new look is a far cry from your third grade class picture!



3. Instead of going out to order a tall glass of your favorite (and expensive!) café latte and a slice of blue berry cheesecake, enroll in a cooking class and learn how to bake, cook, and make your favorite blended coffee drink!



4. Finding your fingers ceaselessly tapping away when you listen to your Green Day CD? Do you always use your hairbrush as a microphone every time Imago’s Taralets is played on the radio? Then make your dreams come true and take music lessons to unleash the rock star in you!



5. Instead of just admiring the Renaissance paintings of Da Vinci or ogling the intricate designs of modern wire art accessories, why not dare to make your own work of art? Get crafty by painting the night sky ala Vincent Van Gogh or by creating your own earrings to wear on your next barkada gimmick!



6. You’re a sucker for art films and Asian telenovelas, but you’re getting tired of reading the subtitles. Save yourself from straining your eyes and missing a scene by learning a new language! Isn’t it cool when you meet a multi-lingual person? It’s never too late to become one!



7. Love Meg Cabot and Paulo Coelho’s novels? Then it’s time to hone the budding writer in you! Practice your writing skills by blogging every day. Who knows, your articles might be worth publishing in Candy!


Unbreak My Heart
Oops!, pp.22-23
[my share, together with Tracy Ayson]

All Cracked Up
Once, while eating in the classroom, I tapped the shoulder of my crush, flipped my hair, and asked him if he wanted some. He looked embarrassed as he politely declined. Suddenly, my gay friend started laughing boisterously! It turned out I had lots of crumbs on the corners of my lips! Yikes!
-Sandy, 20

Laugh Trip
I was crossing the street when I saw a bunch of cute girls looking my way and smiling. I smiled back confidently. I was about to approach them, when I tripped over an island, and fell face first on the pavement. I looked up to see the girls hurrying away and laughing as they went!
-Louie, 21

The Parent Trap
I used to snitch to my boy friend’s parents whenever he cut class. But one time, when he and I were in their living room, I tried to persuad him to cut class and watch a movie with me. He kept saying “no” while nodding his head with a weird smile on his face. I promised him I wouldn’t tell his parents, when he suddenly laughed out loud. When I turned around, I saw his mom and dad by the door, and I knew they heard every single word I said! The disapproving looks on their faces convinced me never to go back to their house.
-Hazee, 20

Introductory Rites
At our acquaintance party, and I saw my crush from our philosophy class at the bar’s entrance. I felt so confident and pretty that night, so I courageously approached him. When he saw me, I flashed my best smile and said hi. Then he turned to a girl beside him and said, “Oh by the way, meet Ria—my girl friend.” Ouch!
-Cel, 18

Powder Puff Girl
My crush and I often hang out after class. His dismissal is earlier, so he waited for me outside my classroom. One time, I was assigned to erase the blackboard. I was so excited to go out and meet him that I didn’t realize my face was covered in chalk dust. I’m sure he was turned off cause he gave me a strange look and said sarcastically, “Bagong powder?”
-Zelle_06


No comments: